The holiday is right around the corner. Preserving priceless memories of the incredible holiday events is one thing that we all look up to. If you enjoy diving into and cruising across the deep waters, then considering buying a waterproof digital camera is a wise decision. I mean, who would hate collecting great footage underwater? With a high-quality waterproof digital camera, you will not have to worry about your camera coming into contact with water as you engage in extreme water sports. Different manufacturers of waterproof digital cameras offer products that differ in various ways. This way, there are a number of factors to consider when selecting the best waterproof digital camera.
- Selecting the Best Waterproof Digital Cameras
- List of Best Waterproof Digital Cameras in 2020
- 10. iON Cool-iCam 16MP Waterproof Digital Camera
- 9. Ricoh WG-20 Waterproof Digital Camera
- 8. PowerLead Gapo G051 Underwater Digital Camera
- 7. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16. 1 MP Tough Digital Camera
- 6. ETTG BP88 Camera Waterproof Digital Video Camera
- 5. Fujifilm FinePix XP90 Green Waterproof digital camera
- 4. Olympus TG-870 Tough Waterproof Digital Camera
- 3. Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Digital Camera
- 2. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 Waterproof Digital Camera
- 1. Nikon COOLPIX S33 Waterproof Digital Cameras
- Related Posts
So, what are the vital specifications that determine the power of a given waterproof camera?
- Diving depth support: The primary distinguishing factor of waterproof digital cameras is the diving depth support. Some cameras will let you dive beyond 200 meters below the water surface while others will only let you dive for hardly 30 meters. The power of a waterproof digital camera lies primarily in its ability to remain tightly secure even in the deepest waters.
- Image quality: Cameras in the waterproof category also differ in their image quality. It’s imperative to consider the quality of the output of a given camera before deciding on the purchase. It’s obvious that you will want a camera that produces images of the best quality.
- Zoom range: The zoom range is another factor that you need to consider when purchasing a waterproof digital camera. The zoom capability of a given camera determines its ability to record and capture far objects.
- Freeze and shock proofing ability: It will be wise to consider a camera whose making includes shock and freezeproofing elements. The freeze and shock proof ratings of a given waterproof digital camera should help you determine its durability and whether it’s ideal for heavy-duty utilization.
- Added functional features: Some expertly developed waterproof digital cameras feature added vital features such as GPS, WI-FI connectivity, Compass, among others. A camera that comes with additional functional components is more likely to serve you in the best way.
Selecting the Best Waterproof Digital Cameras
With hundreds of new or improved waterproof digital cameras continuing to flood the market even as you read this post, choosing the best product in this category will never be a walk in the park. It’s a process that necessitates utmost care and knowledge of what to look out for. In addition to providing you with the factors to consider, we have gone ahead to research and filter the best waterproof digital cameras from the broad range of models available on the market so far. As a result, we are eager to present you with reviews of the top ten best waterproof digital cameras in 2020.
List of Best Waterproof Digital Cameras in 2020
The reviews provided below aim at easing your selection. Let’s get to see what the best waterproof digital cameras have to offer:
10. iON Cool-iCam 16MP Waterproof Digital Camera
iON is the proud manufacturer of this fantastic waterproof digital camera. Its making is on point, and the fact that it features an affordable price tag makes its appealing to many underwater footage collection enthusiasts. It has the power to capture high-grade videos of up to 640*480 VGA resolution. It features a built-in flash, a 4* digital zoom element and a powerful lens which lets it capture 16MP photo stills. It’s powered by 2 AAA batteries and stores the captured footage in a MicroSD card of up to 16 GB-not included. It’s waterproof nature of up to 10 feet, and sturdy construction makes it ideal for all weather conditions.Get it now on Amazon.com
9. Ricoh WG-20 Waterproof Digital Camera
When it comes to performance, durability, and elegance, this waterproof digital camera by the Ricoh Company never disappoints. It features an appealing build which makes it attractive and exciting to carry around. Beyond looking good, this camera is designed to perform above your expectations. The fact that it’s entirely waterproof up to 10m underwater makes it ideal for underwater footage collection. It also brings you the power to observe and capture microscopic elements thanks to the featured digital microscope mode in its making. It utilizes super-resolution technology to let you capture high-grade footage. It also has what it takes to record full HD movies. Other noticeable features in this camera is a 5* optical zoom lens, 2. 7” LCD monitor and ability to cover a wide angle of up to 28 mm.
8. PowerLead Gapo G051 Underwater Digital Camera
PowerLead is the proud company behind the making of this fantastic underwater digital camera. It has all you need to collect excellent footage throughout your diving and swimming adventure. It’s waterproof up to 10m, entirely dustproof, and freeze-resistant down to -10 degrees C, so you can trust its durability and performance. Its 2. 7” TFT LCD screen as well as waterproof buttons allow for easy viewing of whatever you are capturing. Excellent photos is a sure bet with this camera that comes with a 5MP CMOS sensor and 8* digital zoom capability. It performs exemplarily in various scenes including Auto, scenery, portrait, night landscape, night portrait, underwater, beach, high sensitivity, among others. It comes backed by a 12-month warranty and a 31-day exchange program for all quality issues.Get it now on Amazon.com
7. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS25 16. 1 MP Tough Digital Camera
The excellent combination of many valuable features in this waterproof, tough digital camera by the Panasonic Company makes it superior to other competitive cameras on the market today. It features a rugged design which is a major distinguishing feature. Also, this camera comes with a 8* intelligent zoom and 4* optical zoom lens. What allows it rank highly in this category is that it’s waterproof up to 23ft, freeze-resistant down to 14 digs F, shock-proof up to 5ft and is entirely protected from all foreign particles. It also features a 2. 7” LCD screen that allows it to display the recorded files in the best way. This is a camera that will provide you with an accurate value for your money upon purchase.Get it now on Amazon.com
6. ETTG BP88 Camera Waterproof Digital Video Camera
ETTG Company is proud to present daring and adventurous footage collection enthusiasts with this high-quality, durable and elegant waterproof digital camera. It features the best build structure and goes for hardly 70$, thus affordable even to people operating on strict budgets. Among its typical features is a 5MP CMOS sensor and a high-grade HD 2. 7” TFT screen, components that promote its ability to capture excellent footage. Whenever you decide to go underwater, you will not have to worry about the safety of your camera as this cam is designed to be waterproof up to a depth of 10 meters. Its body is made of sturdy, shockproof materials to ensure that your camera stays secure from accidental falls. Its lightweight nature makes it ideal for travel.Get it now on Amazon.com
5. Fujifilm FinePix XP90 Green Waterproof digital camera
This is just another Fujifilm waterproof digital camera model whose excellent build and performance allows it to rank among the top products in this category. If you need to take your footage collection prowess to a whole new level, then this camera should be at the title of your wish list. It comes with a 16. 4MP BSI-CMOS sensor that allows it to capture moments in the best way even under low light conditions. It comes with an all-round protection from all forms of damage as it’s waterproof up to 50ft or 15m, dustproof, shockproof up to 1. 75m/5. 8ft and freeze proof down to -10 degrees. The featured 5* Fujifilm optical zoom makes it ideal for capturing distant objects in any scene. Also included in the making of this camera is the ability to share files via WI-FI and shoot remotely.Get it now on Amazon.com
4. Olympus TG-870 Tough Waterproof Digital Camera
Olympus is just another giant manufacturer of waterproof digital cameras. This is just one of the models from them that’s making it big on the market as a result of it excellent functioning, beauty, and durability. It’s a waterproof digital camera that comes with all you need to record/capture great footage underwater as well as other scenes. It’s well protected from all forms of damage as it’s waterproof up to 15 meters below the water surface, shockproof up to 7ft, freeze-resistant down to -10 degree C, and crushproof up to a force of 220 pounds. It provides you with an excellent, ultra-wide recording angle of up to 21mm and 5* optical zoom. Also featured in its making, is built-in GPS and WI-FI compatibility. You can also filter your captured items through its 13 art filters.Get it now on Amazon.com
3. Canon PowerShot D30 Waterproof Digital Camera
The Canon Powershot D30 ranks among the best waterproof digital cameras for some reasons. It’s professionally built to collect high-grade footage and resist any form of damage including shock, water, cold or foreign particles. It features a 12MP BSI-CMOS sensor that’s responsible for its ability to capture high-quality images even in low-light conditions. Its 5* optical zoom lens collaborates with its optical picture stabilization feature to capture excellent images of even the distant objects. This camera is waterproof up to 25m and shockproof up to 2m. Its 3” LCD allows for an excellent display of the captured items. It’s an ISO 100-3200 certified camera.Get it now on Amazon.com
2. Fujifilm FinePix XP80 Waterproof Digital Camera
Fujifilm is a hard to beat company in the manufacture of high-performance waterproof digital cameras. This is just one of their camera models that confirm the Fujifilm’s competitive potential. It’s a four-way proof camera that’s waterproof up to 15m/50ft, shockproof up to 1. 75m, freeze-resistant down to 14 degrees and entirely dustproof. Also featured in the making of this digital camera is a 16. 2 MP backlit CMOS sensor that promotes capturing of high-grade pictures even in low light conditions. What’s more, this camera features a continuous capture mode that allows for capturing of up to 10 images at full resolution. The included one-touch movie button allows for recording excellent full HD videos with this camera. It also allows for wireless file transfer and remote shooting by connecting to your phone.Get it now on Amazon.com
1. Nikon COOLPIX S33 Waterproof Digital Cameras
If you are in the search for a waterproof digital camera that will provide you with an accurate value for your hard-earned money, then you should consider this model by the Nikon Company. Its build is superb and rare to find in other competitive cameras within and beyond its price range. It boasts being waterproof up to 33ft, freeze-resistant down to 14 degrees F, and shockproof up to about 5ft. With this qualities, this camera suits heavy duty utilization in deep waters as it will survive extreme abuse. It has all it takes to record full HD 1080p videos. Included in its making is a 13. 2M CMOS sensor as well as 3x wider angle glass zooming lens. Operating this camera is easy thanks to the featured easy menus and oversized buttons.Get it now on Amazon.com
After providing you with comprehensive and accurate reviews of the top ten best waterproof digital cameras in 2020, you should be better placed to buy the best camera that will serve you with no quality issues. It’s our hope and belief that this guide will be of utmost help to you. Go for the best waterproof digital camera that suits your objectives, budget, and other personal preferences in the best way.
All the best in your footage collection!