Gone are the days when you have to settle for bulky sewing machines which are heavier than your antique table but only offer straight stitches. You now have a wide range of options that are highly portable, more convenient to store and more efficient to operate. What’s more is that many of them offer a variety of stitching patterns that makes stitching fun even for sewing beginners and craft enthusiasts.
But with many options available today, how can you be sure you’re getting the best? While the answer is more on a personal level, you need to consider the following:
- Nature of operation: Do you want an electric-run machine or a manually operated one? Or do you want one that gives you the flexibility to choose any option at any time?
- Stitches offered: This depends on the nature of your need for a sewing machine. Do you want to have perfect straight stitches or many options for attractive, decorative ones?
- Convenient size: In today’s world when space is a premium, having portable, easy-to-store equipment is a plus factor.
- Easy operation: It shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to operate a sewing machine especially during the threading and rewinding part.
- List of Best Sewing Machines in 2019
- 10. Imax LSS-202 Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine with Foot Pedal
- 9. Michley LSS-202 Lil’ Sew & Sew Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
- 8. SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
- 7. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with Extension Table, Bonus Accessories and Hard Cover
- 6. Janome 001Graceful Portable Sewing Machine
- 5. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
- 4. Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- 3. Michley LSS-505 Lil’ Sew & Sew Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine with Built-In Stitches
- 2. Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine with 10 stitches including Blind Hem and Zigzag
- 1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine – Best of Sewing Machines in 2019
List of Best Sewing Machines in 2019
10. Imax LSS-202 Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine with Foot Pedal
This product from iMax is a basic sewing machine with a wide variety of easy-to-operate features, and thus, perfect for basic sewing enthusiasts as well as DIY crafters. Due to its size, around 7. 1 x 3. 6 x 7. 48 inches, this equipment is perfect for traveling due to its great portability. Operation-wise, the machine boasts of perfect stitch handling and double thread system, making it perfect for various fabrics from as thin as silk to as thick as denim. The machine is also designed to make threading more convenient. It’s even faster with the automatic rewinding system. What’s more, the equipment can be operated with either the hand or foot.Get it now on Amazon.com
9. Michley LSS-202 Lil’ Sew & Sew Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
Its smaller size helps in its easy storage and greater portability. Aside from its automation, it also has a hand wheel that enables the sewer to control the stitches more efficiently and conveniently. Moreover, it has a double threading system with automatic wind back threading. This makes it applicable in sewing a variety of materials with different tenacity.Get it now on Amazon.com
8. SINGER 4411 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
This machine is super fast and gets you stitching in a perfect way. Specifically, it can give you a much as 1,100 stitches per minute, and thus, the equipment can be great to use for professional sewers. Its stainless steel bedplate ensures production of smooth and numerous layers of fabrics. Furthermore, it has an interior metal framework that makes it strong and durable. It also has an automated buttonhole system that makes it convenient even for beginners.Get it now on Amazon.com
7. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with Extension Table, Bonus Accessories and Hard Cover
Though this machine is heavy and cannot be stored in cabinets, it is convenient to set up. It has most of its controls fully automated and can be easily accessed while sewing. These buttons contain 13 different buttonholes in a similar arrangement pattern that ensures continuous fabrics are produced. These stitches can easily be edited into precise patterns, therefore, production of beautiful and customized stitches. This is made possible by its mirror its imaging technique.
6. Janome 001Graceful Portable Sewing Machine
It is lightweight and therefore easily transferable and stored. It has ten different stitching styles that one can choose from. Stitching is manually controlled, allowing free swinging of arms and dialing of controls. In addition, its bobbins are precisely situated ensuring no contact between the needles and hands of a sewer. This subsequently makes this machine suitable for inexperienced sewers and children.Get it now on Amazon.com
5. SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate
This is a robust and long-lasting machine that is made up of an internal metal frame. It also has a stainless frame plate for the production of smooth and attractive fabrics. It has bobbins that are easy to operate accompanied with its automatic needle threader. Moreover, its speed is exceptional producing numerous stitches within a minute. This makes the machine suitable for commercial purposes.Get it now on Amazon.com
4. Brother XL2600I Sew Advance Sew Affordable 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine
This device contains an auto bobbin finishing, needle and thread cutters which operate with 110 volts of electricity. However, it is not fully automated since it has a foot pedal. It makes sewing easy and pleasing with 25 built- in stitches each with a variety of styling options. These features make it suitable for basic sewing projects.Get it now on Amazon.com
3. Michley LSS-505 Lil’ Sew & Sew Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine with Built-In Stitches
It is a mechanical lightweight machine that works both on electricity and batteries. It is, therefore, portable and easy to store. It has eight built-in stitches that are only suitable for a particular set of stitching. In addition, its double thread system ensures more durable stitches. Furthermore, the machine has a dual speed setting. Sewers can either turn the machine to a high or low-speed mode. This, therefore, makes it easier to handle fragile and less accessible areas.Get it now on Amazon.com
2. Brother LS2125i Easy-to-Use, Everyday Sewing Machine with 10 stitches including Blind Hem and Zigzag
It is a high voltage machine that is not recommended for places that cannot support 120V AC. It is full-size, easy to use, and basic machine. However, it comes with a variety of ten different stitches including four automatic buttonholes. This device works for a variety of sewing options due to its essential features such as free arm used to maneuver fabrics. It also has a handle making it portable.Get it now on Amazon.com
1. Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine – Best of Sewing Machines in 2019
Topping the list is a computerized, fully automated sewing machine from Brother. It has seven different stitching styles. It also has a start button and speed controls, and thus, there is no need for foot pedaling. Moreover, the LCD screen shows the stitch in use, therefore, enabling adjustments. Its arm has a compartment for storing accessories making easier access. In addition, it has sixty built-in stitches that include seven button styles therefore diversifying styling options. Finally, it is light and portable.Get it now on Amazon.com
The best sewing machine is one that fits perfectly with your nature of tasks at hand. Whether you’re a professional sewer or a DIY enthusiast, the market is loaded with various machines offering different features. Don’t be overwhelmed on which one to choose. Let this list be your guide for a happy purchase.