Although disc-based viewing is starting to be looked at as a thing of the past, portable DVD players are still a great choice for road trips and plane flights. To make it easier for our readers, we have done the research and have compiled our top 10 DVD players below…
- List of Best Portable DVD Players in 2019:
- #10 Sylvania SDVD7040B-Black 7-Inch Portable DVD Player
- #9 Impecca DVP1330
- #8 Ematic EPD909RD Swivel Portable DVD Player
- #7 Insignia 7” Portable DVD-R/RW, CD Player with Swivel Screen
- #6 NAVISKAUTO 9 inch Portable DVD/CD Player
- #5 Sylvania SDVD1048 10-Inch Portable DVD Player
- #4 NAVISKAUTO 10.1” IP67 Waterproof Portable DVD Player
- #3 SYNAGY A10
- #2 Sylvania SDVD1332 13.3-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player
- #1 NAVISKAUTO – Best of Portable DVD Players in 2019
- EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: What to think before Choosing Portable DVD Players
- Similar Posts:
List of Best Portable DVD Players in 2019:
#10 Sylvania SDVD7040B-Black 7-Inch Portable DVD Player
This is a great portable DVD player with a thin design (1.8 pounds) that allows you to take it with you virtually anywhere. It is built with a 7” widescreen and a 16:9 TFT color display. Built-in to the system is a USB port for digital media playback. The full dimensions of this product are 9 x 10.2 x 2.5 inches making it a perfect fit on the back of most car headrests. The 360-degree rotation screen gives the viewer control of how they want to watch their favorite movie.Get it now on Amazon.com
#9 Impecca DVP1330
The Impecca Portable DVD Player offers a very nice 13.3-inch screen size that also has the ability to rote 180-degrees. The built-in rechargeable lithium polymer batter gives the user 5+ hours of viewing time when the battery is at full charge. It has a 1024 x 600 resolution and built-in stereo speakers. There is also a built-in 3.5mm headphone jack and USB and SD card readers. If you want to connect to a TV, the Impecca has AV in/out ports. This DVD player even has multi-language menus and on-screen displays to satisfy the language you want to view your DVD.Get it now on Amazon.com
#8 Ematic EPD909RD Swivel Portable DVD Player
The Ematic Portable DVD player offers a 9-inch 480 x 234 LCD display that tilts AND swivels up to 180-degrees for an increased user experience. This DVD player will come with matching headphones that put out crystal clear audio and a soft carrying bag for portability and extra storage. There is a built-in stereo speaker and a multi-language option on the screen display. The Ematic DVD Player supports PAL or NTSC and has a built-in rechargeable battery so you don’t have to continuously reload it with batteries. Overall, the Ematic has a sufficient LCD screen display and offers the extras that anybody would be happy with.Get it now on Amazon.com
#7 Insignia 7” Portable DVD-R/RW, CD Player with Swivel Screen
Enjoy watching movies, or listening to CDs, on the go with the Insignia Portable DVD player. It incorporates a rechargeable battery that provides up to 2.5 hours of playback time. Playback formats include various options like: DVD, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, and JPEG. With all of these formats, it’s hard not to have it in our top 10. The 7” display is not the biggest, but might be the slimmest coming in at ¾” thick. Another huge feature of this DVD player is the fact that picks up movies right where you left off, which is rare of other DVD players that we have come into contact with.Get it now on Amazon.com
#6 NAVISKAUTO 9 inch Portable DVD/CD Player
The NAVISKAUTO Portable DVD Player has a solid 9” TFT 800*480 screen resolution display that also has the capability to swivel 270-degrees to make it easier on the viewer. The built-in 2600mAh lithium battery allows the user to enjoy movies for up to 5 hours on a full charge. The built-in USB/SD/MMC card port can support up to 720*576 resolution of AVI playback and MP3 or JPEG format. The NAVISKAUTO 9” has also incorporated an AUX input, an AV output, and a built-in anti-shock function for safety.Get it now on Amazon.com
#5 Sylvania SDVD1048 10-Inch Portable DVD Player
The Sylvania SDVD1048 10” Portable DVD Player makes it incredibly easy to watch movies on the go. The DVD player is compatible with a wide range of disc formats and the 10” widescreen swiveling display includes a 16:9 aspect ratio that takes the viewing experience to the next level. Built-in to the DVD player is a stereo audio output that works with any 3.5mm headphones and also includes dual speakers. An AV output lets you connect the player to a TV if need be. Included in the original purchase of this DVD player is an AC adapter, a DC car adapter, remote control, and 2 earphones. You can even enjoy more than your DVDs and CDs because of the built-in USB and SD card reader that allows you to play all of your digital entertainment.Get it now on Amazon.com
#4 NAVISKAUTO 10.1” IP67 Waterproof Portable DVD Player
This is the second NAVISKAUTO DVD player we have included on this list, and for good reason. It boasts an HD screen with 1024*600 pixels that offers a beautiful, bright color without doubling the image. There is also a built-in 2W large, high-quality speaker that projects out clear sound. This DVD player is also completely sealed with a IP67 waterproof grade so you, or the little ones, can enjoy a DVD/CD in the bathroom, on the beach, by a swimming pool, etc. It supports USB/SD/MMC and allows you to play all of your downloaded media on the screen. The rechargeable battery supports the DVD player running for up to 5 hours.Get it now on Amazon.com
#3 SYNAGY A10
Built with a 10.1” TFT LCD display swivel screen, the SYNAGY A10 DVD Player is great fort watching movies on the go. The swivel screen also has a 1024*600 native resolution that brings out great quality in whatever the user is viewing. The rechargeable lithium battery can keep running viewing content from 2.5-3 hours of play time. This DVD play support various multi-media formats including: DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, VCD, S-VCD, CD, MPEG4, WMA, and JPEG. The swivel screen also holds the ability to fold flat into a tablet for viewing pleasure. There are suitable built-in stereo speakers and the player also inclused a stereo headphone jack if the viewer desires.Get it now on Amazon.com
#2 Sylvania SDVD1332 13.3-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD Player
If you are see the value in a screen that’s larger than 9”, then the Sylvania SVD1332 13.3” Swivel Screen is the DVD player you need. This is Sylvania’s largest portable DVD player with a crystal clear 13.3” LCD display. The player also has the capacity to swivel at 180-degress for your viewing preference. Say goodbye to your children fighting over who gets to watch the DVD player; now multiple people can enjoy the pleasure of watching a movie. This machine includes a built-in rechargeable battery, and also a car and home adaptor. It includes a USB and SD card reader and can adapt to most digital formats like DVD +-R/RW, CD-R/RW, MP3, JPEG, etc. For the quality and price of this DVD player, it was an easy choice to have it in our top 3.Get it now on Amazon.com
#1 NAVISKAUTO – Best of Portable DVD Players in 2019
The NAVISKAUTO Portable DVD Player has a fantastic 12.5” HD LCD TFT back-light big screen that rotates on a swivel at 270-degrees. The screen even offers 1366*768 (RGB) high resolution to enjoy any movie with bright color, fast response without dead pixels. The 4000mAh large lithium battery holds a charge for up to 5 hours so your kids can enjoy movies for the entire trip. The DVD player also comes packed with a 3m wall charger, a 3m cigarette charger, and a carrying case so that it’s portable and can be charged on the go. Just like the Insignia DVD player, the NAVISKAUTO also allows the viewer to pick up where they left off.Get it now on Amazon.com
EXTRA BUYING GUIDE: What to think before Choosing Portable DVD Players
According to the many types of research of Users’ need, here are the features you need to look for in a portable DVD player.
- Anti-Skip: This feature prevents the DVD player from freezing or skipping other scenes when it encounters bumps and vibrations.
- Slots for Headphones: Each portable DVD player has one slot for headphones.
- A/V Connections and HDMI Ports: If you want to connect the player to television, then you can use the A/V connector that carries the audio and video going to the TV, simplifying the connections. Meanwhile, the HDMI ports allow you to connect the player to a high-definition TV.
- Battery Life: To let you enjoy more movies while you are traveling, your portable DVD player should longer battery life.
- Format-Compatibility: Aside from DVDs, these players can also accommodate CDs and other media formats such as JPEG, MP3, and WMA files.
- Swivel Screen: With this feature, you can adjust the screen to whatever angle is convenient for you. However, this only works on flip-up DVD players.
- Blu-Ray Compatibility: DVD players can not play Blu-Ray discs. But if you have found a model with a Blu-Ray compatibility, then expect that you will pay higher than the usual cost of DVD players.
- Top 5 Best Portable Blu-Ray Players in 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Best TV DVD Combos in 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Portable Projectors in 2019 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Touch Screen Monitors in 2019 Reviews
- Top 5 Best Mini Laptops in 2019 Reviews